The term “personal data” includes any information that enables you to be identified, such as your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number.
Lessons for Life fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with current data protection legislation.
1. Collection and use of personal data
Lessons for Life does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer. When you contact Lessons for Life to make a donation, sign up to any of Lessons for Life's activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, or message boards, or engage with Lessons for Life via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. By submitting your details, you enable Lessons for Life (and where applicable any sub-contractors we may use) to raise funds and to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or online content you select.
Lessons for Life will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Lessons for Life Foundation may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
- for internal record keeping;
- to fulfil sales contracts you have entered into with Lessons for Life;
- to contact you about any content you provide;
- to invite you to participate in surveys or research about Lessons for Life or our work (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this;
- to provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- to personalise the way Lessons for Life Foundation content is presented to you;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Lessons for Life website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you request us not to send you marketing information we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us. Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular campaign we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
2. Use of “cookies”
This website may send “cookies” to your computer to better serve you with more tailored information when you return to the website. A cookie is a small element of data that can be sent by our website to your browser and stored on your hard drive. Unless you input your personal data onto our website you cannot be identified and remain anonymous. You can set most browsers to tell you when you are sent a cookie and to refuse to receive it. For a more detailed explanation on our website cookies, please see the Terms and Conditions below.
3. Transfer of your data to partners and affiliates of Lessons for Life and to third parties
Lessons for Life Foundation may disclose your personal data to other entities within the EU that are affiliated with Lessons for Life and to third parties located in the EU to the extent that such disclosure is not incompatible with the purposes for which the personal data are collected as mentioned in this policy, but only if they provide adequate privacy protection. In particular, we will pass your personal data on to Worldpay, SagePay, Paypal (or other service provider) for the purpose of processing any donation you may make to Lessons for Life, and if you have made a gift aid declaration, we will pass your personal data on to HMRC for the purpose of reclaiming tax on behalf of Lessons for Life.
4. Security of your data
Lessons for Life takes its security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness and that it reviews these measures regularly.
5. Your choices
When we collect your personal data via a web form, we will offer you choices about how it is to be processed. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes without your opt-in consent. We may need to share personal information with third parties in limited circumstances for legal compliance, for the purposes of gift aid, to prevent fraud or imminent harm, to ensure security, or in case of a transfer of ownership of the company. We do not collect or process any “sensitive” data (such as data about health or similarly sensitive matters).
6. Your right to access, correction and erasure
You have the right to ask Lessons for Life which information we hold about you. In addition, you have the right to correct or delete any information we hold about you. If you wish to know which information Lessons for Life holds about you or if you wish to correct and update this information, please make such request in writing to the address specified in paragraph 8. We may charge an administration fee for complying with such request. We will respond to your request within 40 calendar days.
The Data Controller
Lessons for Life
161 Hammersmith Road
London, W6 8BS
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to your access to and use of this website: [http://www.lessonsforlifefoundation.org] (the "Website"), which is provided by Lessons for Life Foundation ("Lessons for Life"). By using the Website, as of your first use of the Website, you acknowledge and agree that:
Copyright, database rights, trademarks, registered designs, design rights and all other intellectual property rights in the content of this Website are owned by Lessons for Life Foundation and its licensors. You are permitted to download and print content from the Website solely for your own internal business purposes and/or personal use. Website content must not be copied or reproduced, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the content of this Website or reproduce, link, frame or deep-link it on any other website without the express written permission of Lessons for Life Foundation. You are not entitled to use the content of the Website for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
Content on the Website ("Content") is provided on an "as is" basis, for general information purposes only, to inform you about Lessons for Life Foundation. It does not constitute any type of advice or representation and should not be relied on for these purposes. In no event will Lessons for Life Foundation be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. If you have a specific question on which you require assistance please contact us using the "Contact" link provided.
Lessons for Life Foundation provides the content on the Website in good faith but gives no warranty or representation that the content is accurate, complete or up to date nor that the Website does not infringe the rights of any third party. Lessons for Life Foundation accepts no responsibility or liability for your use of content on the Website and such use is entirely at your own risk. While Lessons for Life Foundation takes reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs on the Website it accepts no liability for them.
Information transmitted via this website will pass over public telecommunications networks. Lessons for Life Foundation makes no representation or warranty that the operation of this website will be uninterrupted or error free or that defects will be corrected and disclaims all liability in respect of this.
This Website may contain links to other websites. Lessons for Life Foundation accepts no responsibility or liability for any material supplied by or contained on any third party website which is linked from or to this Website, or any use of personal data by such third party.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
Except as expressly set out in these terms, all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute, common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
If any of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of these terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Lessons for Life reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after such changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
Lessons for Life Foundation is a registered charity in England and Wales (number 1122320) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England (number 6448222) at Griffin House, 161 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8BS.
Lessons for Life Foundation privacy practices on the web.
Lessons for Life Foundation may collect your personal data if you make a donation or fill in a form on our website or send us an e mail.
Lessons for Life Foundation collects the IP address of the computer you use to browse its website.
Lessons for Life Foundation processes your personal information on Lessons for Life's servers in the EU to provide our Services to you.
- We may use personal information you send us (such as web form, donation or e mail information) to process your donation, to send you information about Lessons for Life Foundation, and for auditing, research and analysis.
- We may use IP addresses to compile usage statistics on an anonymous basis.
- We may use other organisations to assist us in processing your information, in particular WorldPay, Sagepay and Paypal in respect of donations made to Lessons for Life Foundation, but only if they provide adequate privacy protection.
- We offer you preferences at the point at which we collect the personal information.
- We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless we have obtained your opt in consent.
- We may need to share personal information with third parties in limited circumstances for legal compliance, for the purposes of gift aid, to prevent fraud or imminent harm, to ensure security, or in case of a transfer of ownership.
- You may turn off cookies in your browser.
You can contact us at:
Lessons for Life Foundation
161 Hammersmith Road
London, W6 8BS
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.